Sunday, April 24, 2011

Eowyn and Arwen--Two of My Absolute Favorite Female Protagonists EVER :D

Wormtongue:  O...he must have died sometime during the night. What a tragedy for the king to lose his only son and heir. I understand his passing his hard to accept. Especially now that your brother has deserted you. [Wormtongue arranged for his banishment.]

Eowyn:  Leave me alone, snake!

Wormtongue:  O, but you are alone. Who knows what you have spoken to the darkness in bitter watches of the night when all your life seems to shrink, the walls of your bower closing in about you. A hushed, tremulsome, wild thing. (He takes her face in his hand.) So fair...and so cold. Like a morning with pale spring, still clinging to winter's chill.

Eowyn:  (Finally pulling away from his clutch.) Your words are poison.

from The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers
~
Arwen:  He's fading. He's not going to last. We must get him to my father. I've been looking for you for two days. There are five wraiths behind you. Where the other four are, I do not know.

Aragorn:  Stay with the hobbits. I'll send horses for you.

Arwen:  I'm the faster rider. I'll take him.

Aragorn:  The road is too dangerous.

Arwen:  I do not fear them.

Aragorn:  (Relinquishing to her, he takes her hand.) Arwen, ride hard. Don't look back.

from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring


(text from John and Stasi Eldredge's book, Captivating)


No comments: